Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Faith, Hope and Charity.

My friends and I are holding a toy drive for the orphaned and less fortunate in lieu with the holiday seasons. :) You can help by donating old toys, books and clothes. :) A small act can go a long way.

We're also holding our second Shop for a Cause Bazaar. ANYTHING can be donated -- DVDs, old clothes, shoes, etc. Proceeds will go to the construction of our SB Parish Convent, groceries and funds for selected barangays and or churches within Catbalogan.

Christmas is about giving. Have a Merry Christmas, folks!

***

It was Auntie Karol's birthday yesterday *Uncle Allan's wife*. His unica hija, Jasmine, will turn eight on November 25 -- the same day my E-ma *Uncle Allan's mom*, turns 70. Robin, his eldest and only son, will turn twelve on December 9.

This will be our family's first Christmas without him -- but his first Christmas with God. He'll also be with Ingkong on Christmas again.

I heard KFC Tacloban will be opening on November 29. I don't have an Uncle Allan to bring pasalubong to anymore. He always appreciated every french fry *no matter how durog-durog from the two and a half hour drive* I brought him.

We all know he's in a better place. Uncle Allan wasn't only a good man -- he was a great man. A person of integrity and principles. Jam's dad said it well: "He had a heart of gold."

I miss you Uncle Allan. I miss you every day. Every second. We all miss you. Have a Merry Christmas.

We WILL find you justice. Earthly and divine.

No comments: